Sunday, July 8, 2007

Tell Tale Heart

I'm in a strange place. I want to write, but I don't know what to write. I know what some of you want me to work on. My heart isn't in it today, for any of them. It's odd. I can feel my heart beating, even hear it, but I can't find it. I'm maneuvering through darkened corridors and port holes listening carefully to it's steady mummer. I'm not afraid or panicked, this isn't a monster movie moment. More of a searching moment. I think there is more, like it will be a treasure my heart has gathered for me when I find it, but it's not ready to be found yet.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

*Looking warily at the hypnotic beating of the heart pic*
Is it wrong for me to say that I think I'm a vegetarian for life now?

But seriously, I know how you must feel when you don't know what to write. I mean, you actually write whereas I just think about it and on a good day, actually aim to do it. I'm sure your muse will show up again soon. Make it that tasty-looking mac 'n' cheese dish, and I'm sure it will stick around long enough for you to pen something spectacular.

Cole Goodwin said...

I was really happy to find that picture. It is my favourite part of the post!

My muse and I are working out a schedule...

AdamSmithAcademy.org said...

There is an animated version of The Tell-Tale Heart at:
http://www.adamsmithacademy.org/The_Tell-Tale_Heart.html