Thursday, July 5, 2007

ExMuse Me?


I haven't been doing much writing. My muse is avoiding my emotional turmoil. Can't say as I blame her. I would avoid it too. But, you know her, she's cowering somewhere. To pass the time, I have been spending time in a writers chat room. Looking for inspiration, help, encouragement, anything, and finding it!

I have been talking with some people and I had a very interesting conversation with someone called Wolffe. We were discussing our muses. I told him about my delicate one and he said he had chosen a dark muse. He also said he felt we had many muses. I thought about it and said that is probably true. In fact, I do have a dark muse myself. My dark muse I don't let out much. She scares people. People look at me like I need help or like I need to be committed or medicated or something. I let her out and she has seductive, dark things to say. I don't let her out because she is too good, and manipulative and easy to let stay. She is not good for me.

I also learned, while my characters are in control of the story, Wolffe let me know I am in control of my muse(s), and I need to learn how to manage them. I am learning how to do that. I let my Dark Muse out, and this is what she had to say.

Atrum Cella , Atrum Vita

If you would like to read some of Wolffe's work, just click on his name. He is very good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Topic here. Wolffe isn't that good of a writer. I personally think poetry has no place to be in the world. It's out dated.

Anonymous said...

Well, personally, I don't have a mind for poetry. I never have. I like to read it, but I have trouble understanding it. I like to read Wolffe's work. I'm sure I am misunderstanding it, and actually, he has told me as much, but I'm learning, and he has been patient.

As for poetry having no place in the world...there are so many things that I could say about that. What I think I will say is, I am glad it is not up to me to make that decision.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mama Bear said...

Vincent Van Gogh once said:

"“Poetry surrounds us everywhere, but putting it on paper is, alas, not so easy as looking at it.”"

So, you see, poetry does have a place in the world because it's a part of the world. Love it or leave it.

Anonymous said...

"Poetry is life to some, music is the art work of poetry. I tend to listen with my soul to both"
quote from Wolffe

I like the ability of poetry to convey the ideals of a poetic heart and soul, the spirit lingers within the verses. I tend to open my mind to many flavors of poetry. Wolffe is an author to watch out for. I believe his work is exceptional, and I bought his book. Thanks for sharing. Jim

Cole Goodwin said...

Thank you, Jim for reading. I'm sure Wolffe thanks you too!