Thursday, July 19, 2007

Frankenstein, I Presume.


My best friend is right. I love writing. She said she has never seen me as happy and excited about anything, as I am about writing. What do I do? I go find some writing websites, join the community and get help with my writing, because, although I love it, I am not very good. They are wonderful people! They help me...a lot!

But it seems this is an obsession best shared. So I encouraged someone to join the site and write some stories. They keep telling me about a novel that they want to write. I am encouraging. I say why not start off with some short pieces, just to get in the groove, post them on the site and get some feed back. I watch carefully...the wheels are turning. Then, like gold has been struck, EUREKA!! They have a short story idea. Why don't you write down some notes on it, ideas, feelings things like that, I suggest. Type 'em up before you forget. Evidently that is a great idea. Off they run! Next thing I hear is giggling and fingers on a laptop. *shakes head* I've created a monster. The rest of the night, they had that same glazed over look that I get when I am working out an idea. *sigh*

I grumble, but deep down I am welling with pride. Did you used to watch The X-Files? At the end of the credits, a little boy's voice says, "I MADE THIS!" I love that! Might be my favourite part of the show. Anyway that is how I feel about said friend. I just may be lonely for a while...

And you know what? That's alright by me! *beaming with pride*





On a different topic, I had a nightmare that made me wake up yelling. That hardly ever happens. People wonder why I don't watch or read horror, well, this is why. I have TERRIBLE nightmares. I actually suffer from a few reoccurring ones, but I won't go into it. I was thinking, this dream would make a good story. The dream was about a haunted house and possessed furniture. The only thing that would have made it worse is if there were creepy kids in the house. The problem is, just like I don't read romance, I write it. I don't read or watch horror but now I want to tell that story. I am just not sure how to go about it. I may ask for some help from my writing buddy Descent (nathan carter) he does twisted really well. And yes, that is a complement.




And thank you to Descent for providing me with the pictures for this post. How talented is he? Bastard. Some people get all the luck. I hate with love... *snicker*

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Well, look at who's become a muse?
*whistling with approval*

So you have a horror story up your sleeve, eh? So do I (actually several), although I wouldn't call them horror stories. They're more like ghost stories, or as we say in Hawaii, obake tales. If you're interested in reading some really spooky Hawaiian myths, legends, and ghost stories told my by absolute favorite storyteller, the late, great Glen Grant, check his book out here.
Enjoy and happy writing! I can't wait to read your stuff!

Cole Goodwin said...

I'll check it out thanks! And maybe I will tap you for some help, too!