Friday, May 25, 2007

Secret Identities

Yesterday was a good day. Actually, it started the night before. There is a site I frequent to read people’s writing. www.Writing.Com It’s great. I have mentioned it before. If you have not gone there, shame on you! Anyway, the authors there are great. My practice has been to read stories whose titles catch my eye. If I like it, I go to the author’s port and begin to read all of their works. I have done this with a few authors, and I try to review and rate. All authors want constructive feedback. Even us non-writer writers. *coughthatmeansfromyoutoocough* There is an author who is one of my favorites. His pen name is The Gentleman. I've read every one of his stories and must have left him a million reviews. I can just imagine what he thought when he checked his email for the day. *In The Gentleman’s inner voice, “Jesus Christ! Who is this psycho bitch?”* (Thinking about it, I should ask him.) Anywho, we happened to be online at the same time the day before yesterday and exchanged emails. Turns out he is a really nice guy and clearly, incredibly patient to deal with my crazy ass. The next day I was treated to on and off instant messages with him, which made my already great day better! I guess what I am saying is, contrary to popular belief, I don’t go all fan-girl very often, but, how can I not when he is such a great all around guy and writer. So, if you please, go check out his stuff, one of his stories is about to be published. You can say you knew him when, too!

Oh yeah, and the reason my day was so good? Well you have to know my other secret identity to read about that! If you do, it will be posted there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Smiles*... I do very much thank you for your words and you are FAR from, how did you put it, oh yes 'crazy-ass'...

Cole Goodwin said...

Thank you! At least there is ONE person who thinks I am not crazy...

*looks around wild eyed for people with white coats and syringes*